Thursday, December 22, 2005

A Graduated Solution

Snotty Tech Graduates[Dave/Scott]
It’s Saturday morning and I’ve just woken up. I check my watch and see that it’s 10 AM. This is a problem, being that graduation began at 9. I couldn’t believe it, I’m never late for things this important, often getting up for plane flights and exams three or four hours ahead of time due to being nervous of being late. I quickly got up, brushed my teeth, put on that $50 cap and gown, and ran from my apartment to the coliseum. Missed the opportunity to walk across the stage, but that’s ok, since we still got some pictures and free snacks and drinks, and more importantly, a last chance to see a couple friends also finally free of GT.

Unless Georgia Tech’s registrar’s office is playing one last, sick joke on me, I seemed to have gotten away with a Bachelor of Science degree in International Affairs. I really don’t know if any of you know this, but I regarded the last five years as some of the most trying psychologically in my life, this last semester not letting up one bit, turning it up a couple of notches in fact. I’ve tried keeping a non-pessimistic attitude on it, telling myself this was a test of patience. Now, don’t get me wrong, I don’t regard my time at GT as a totally negative experience, seeing that I’ve met so many people here that I hope that I can keep in touch with in the future. Enough of this for now and back to finding employment! I’m gone, baby, I’m gone!
♪…DO YOU BURY ME WHEN I’M GONE
DO YOU TEACH ME WHEN I’M HERE
JUST AS SOON AS I BELONG
THEN IT’S TIME I DISAPPEAR…♪
Song of the Moment: “I Disappear” by Metallica

5 Comments:

At Fri Dec 23, 06:29:00 PM EST, Blogger Dave/Scott said...

Too much champagne at the reception, eh?

 
At Sat Dec 24, 02:16:00 AM EST, Blogger Danger said...

Congratulations David!

 
At Sat Dec 24, 02:16:00 AM EST, Blogger Danger said...

Oh...congratulations Chad!

 
At Sat Dec 24, 09:35:00 AM EST, Blogger Dave/Scott said...

Thanks!

 
At Sat Dec 24, 06:42:00 PM EST, Blogger Dave/Scott said...

The shaft is always present and you will always live under its shadow. Always!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter