Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Stench Averted, Movie Onslaught, and Other Ravings [Commentary Added]

Ich moechte eine Bier, bitte![Dave/Scott]
Stinky Spuds. I found a bag of sprouting potatoes in the cupboard. Luckily there wasn’t much moisture in that area for it to start smelling really bad. I threw it out with the fruit in the refrigerator we also neglected to consume in a timely fashion. Wow, this brought back memories of that sack of potatoes that spoiled under the kitchen sink of my old apartment.
[ I've lived in Korea, where many areas just smell putrid, but those smells still don't come close to being as bad as potatoes sprouting in a diseased under a kitchen over the course of a semester. ]

So many Movies, so little time. Netflix is great. Over the last couple of weeks I’ve been able to watch a bunch of movies that I never cared to go to the theaters for, but was always interested in seeing. Some notable ones in my mind were A Beautiful Mind, Hotel Rwanda, and Find Neverland. That last movie really struck a chord with me. I must really like movies where children are tragically forced to grow up fast.
[ Hotel Rwanda would've been more apalling had I not taken my International Affairs Ethics class. It's still something to see for the uninformed. ]

The King of Horror joins forces with Marvel. Stephen King’s writing some Dark Tower thing for Marvel Comics, or at least that’s what was formally announced a couple days ago. At least they’ve got a decent artist (Jae Lee) penciling the series.
[ Popular authors penning comic books is actually a trend that has been occuring for a number of years. ]

The Best Halloween Costume, EVER! Katie Meagher in a Bavarian beer-maid costume?! Don’t I wish I was at UCF for that Halloween party. Ich moechte ein Bier, bitte!
[ It's funny, page loads on this weblog doubled the day that this was posted. ]
“Young boys should never be sent to bed, they always wake up a day older.”
Movie of the Moment: Finding Neverland

2 Comments:

At Wed Nov 02, 04:56:00 PM EST, Blogger Dave/Scott said...

I know. Believe, I know.

 
At Thu Nov 03, 09:18:00 AM EST, Blogger Dave/Scott said...

It's funny, each of these comments could pertain to any of the topics in the post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter