Sunday, December 04, 2005

Two Weeks Left… Make Them Count

The Enlightened[Dave/Scott]
An Elevated Level of Enlightenment

About a week ago Matt brought his friends Wade and Staverious (spelling) up to the apartment to hang out for a couple of hours. I think the question of what our favorite countries were came up and Staverious answered that his was Amsterdam. **blinks** Later I brought up the fact that sometimes when I’d slick back my hair and go riding on MARTA (our subway and bus system), I’d occasionally get Hispanics trying to talk to me in Spanish mistakenly thinking I was Cuban or something. Staverious then proudly mentions that he was able to tell Asians and Mexicans apart by physical appearance, his tone indicating that this was a difficult task. Bewildered, Wade asks him how long did it take him to reach this level of enlightenment. Staverious answers back that it took about two years of college. Matt sure keeps some interesting company.

Sweet’s Party
Jack invited me to a party up in Dunwoody that was celebrating Mike Sweet’s 21st birthday. I decided to go since you only turn 21 once (or twice in Sweet’s case), despite how much work I needed to get done. The party was fun the few hours that I stayed there, engaging in a couple drinking games and getting tooled in ping pong. It was rather difficult to keep my number of drinks down (I needed to be able to drive home) but I managed to keep it down around four beers. The drive home was interesting since it took me about 30 minutes to get out of the Dunwoody area since I got a little lost around Perimeter Mall.

The Sweetest Thing?
Saturday I wake up and hop on the computer and get IMed by someone telling that I had some crazy wall post on FaceBook. I go on there find that Ashley had decided to return a wall comment that I had posted on her profile with, “You are the sweetest thing in the whole world!!!” I almost fell backwards out of my chair, despite knowing how… positive Ashley typically was. Despite me wondering how in the world I had become someone to be referred to as sweet, I couldn’t help but smile a little.
“Be as careful of the books you read, as of the company you keep; for your habits and character will be as much influenced by the former as by the latter.”
Song of the Moment: Adagio for Strings, Op. 11 composed by Samuel Barber

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter