Thursday, September 01, 2005

World on Fire

On I burn...Gas prices have jumped up more than a dollar and it seems my city has gone mad. Lines of cars at the city’s gas stations, some of which have gone dry. Hopefully my father’s right about gas prices going down after the storm has blown over and off-shore refineries start back up again.

The apartment has been troublesome lately. No, not the roommates, the facilities. Dryer still doesn’t work. One of the RA’s came by yesterday asking us to sign a sheet and Jack gave her a pretty hard time. She basically “had no clue” about anything and Jack asked, “So what do you have a clue about?” Ian and Chad were struggling not to laugh while she was standing at the doorway taking Jack’s abuse. After she left, Matt hobbled out of his room saying that we should protest this when going downstairs to pay rent. I said, “I have a better idea. Why don’t you just refuse to pay your rent?” He thought about it for a second and then replied, “No way man, I need somewhere to live! Do you take me for some kind of idiot?” Damn.
”I am the Void! I am the bringer of destruction and death to this world!!!”

“Oh, man, I’m sorry, we weren’t really looking for a bringer of destruction…
…but we’ll take your application and let you know if there’s an opening.”
Comic of the Moment: The New Avengers by Brian Michael Bendis and Steven McNiven

1 Comments:

At Thu Sep 01, 05:11:00 PM EDT, Blogger Dave/Scott said...

No remorse from Jack.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter