Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Smooth Criminal

My lack of posts lately has mostly been to due to moving into the new apartment with a small sprinkling of procrastination on the side. Anyhow, while loading the new room up I’ve been leaving my car doors unlocked while it’s parked downstairs, so long as it has nothing of value inside. I come back from a trip up there today and find it odd that my car smells like cigarette smoke. I look down to see that the plastic casing around my CD player had been taken off and that a burnt out cigarette and lighter sat in the passenger’s seat. I didn’t panic because my CD player was still there. Put the plastic back around the thing and tested it, and it works. I didn’t touch the cigarette or the lighter, instead calling the cops, filed a report and made a drop of the stuff. Probably won’t do them any good since it was probably some random bum who snuck down there (the lot’s security has yet to be installed). Lesson learned from this: lock the doors. I probably should’ve after Jack’s hat got stolen. Welcome to life in downtown Atlanta I guess.
♪…HOW CAN I RESPECT YOUR CRIME
WHEN ALL YOU CRIMINALS WHINE…♪
Song of the Moment: “Albatross” by Corrosion of Conformity

2 Comments:

At Wed Aug 17, 12:21:00 AM EDT, Blogger Danger said...

But if you leave your door locked, they'll break the window, instead. The lesson from Jack was leave your car open, so that you can recover it intact. Or, you know...don't buy expensive hats. One of the two.

D

 
At Wed Aug 17, 07:57:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dave/Scott said...

Ha! Oh yeah...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter