Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Curious

Hottie of the Moment:  Natalie PortmanCharito threw a hissy fit with me yesterday over the way I sort magazines out to put into mailboxes. Sure, I could’ve explained to her that this eliminates having to walk around to different shelves, but my shift was over and I didn’t want to have to deal with her lack of English vocabulary. Well, she took it up with the boss yesterday after I left, so he asked me what was up today. I explained it to him and he agreed with me. Her best friend at the office called her a damned drama queen today, which serves her right. This girl is starting to get on my nerves. I could’ve taken advantage of the fact that my coworkers trust me like a saint since I work hard and lied to my boss to make her look even than she did, but I didn’t. I must be getting old.

Jack’s got an away message that’s piqued my curiosity. I’m wondering what happened, though likely it won’t be as bad as the scenarios that my imagination tends to think up. I probably think negatively enough to a pessimist. Regardless, I hope it isn’t bad enough to warrant the “when I find you, you bastard, I’m going to kill you,” line, despite my predisposition to violence.

Daniel’s friends at his Random Donkey (probably Hiro, who was admin last time I looked there) group on Yahoo seem to have made the group private now. Kind of odd since they were protesting my attempts stop Daniel from relaying his rumors, claiming it impeded on his right to free speech. I mean I really could’ve set administrative settings on this blog a little tighter and disallowed anonymous comments and deleted all the entries I didn’t like, but I’m not that much of an ass. I set up this as a semi-open forum with the blurb stating that “nothing is safe.” Though don’t get me wrong, I can understand the need for privacy, as that they didn’t mean for the group to be open to everyone’s eyes. After all, we all have something to hide.

I’ve instituted a “no beer unless I’m drinking” policy on my imports. The roommates have been too wasteful with my Negra Modelo in the past, so I felt this was necessary. I don’t care if they drink any of my Miller Lite or High Life if I’m not there, but that’s because those beers are cheap. I feel kind of bad, but hey, I want to be able to enjoy a good portion of whatever I buy. The beer does not flow freely here.

Last note: looks like we have an actual trailer for Alan Moore’s V for Vendetta movie up on Quicktime. I wonder if they’re going to screw it up like the last couple movies that have been based off of Alan Moore’s comics (The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, From Hell). It’s starring Natalie Portman (I can't believe she went bald) as the main chick and Hugo Weaving (Agent Smith) as the masked guy, the directors being those guys that did The Matrix series (which I still detest). The trailer looked interesting at least. Perhaps the Wachowski brothers, both failed comic writers, can do justice to this film. I was pleasantly surprised by Constantine, which was based around a Moore-created character, so perhaps there’s hope for this one. Daniel will probably like the tagline from the poster, being “People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.”
”They don't have the slightest idea of who you really are, do they?”

“I'd like to think that Jean knew. Knew and understood.”
Comic of the Moment: Astonishing X-Men #11 by Joss Whedon and John Cassady

4 Comments:

At Tue Jul 26, 10:53:00 PM EDT, Blogger Danger said...

Well, you can hardly blame me for asking hiro to remove you when you registered under my own address minus a letter. If you want to join in, you could just ask.

Yeah, the government should be afraid of it's people. Various men better than me have said it But meh.

 
At Wed Jul 27, 07:37:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dave/Scott said...

Ask to join in order to heckle and flame? Not entirely sure if that would work.

¡Viva la revolución!

 
At Wed Jul 27, 09:02:00 AM EDT, Blogger Danger said...

Way to steal a man's tagline, sheesh. Guess I'll just have to work with "Workers of the world Unite!" again. Or "Spoon!"

Though, I gotta say, "Dont Panic!" has been the most useful two words I've told myself and a lot of people.

 
At Wed Jul 27, 04:49:00 PM EDT, Blogger Dave/Scott said...

Don't get Meg started on "Don't Panic!" Wait, it's too late now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter