Tuesday, July 19, 2005

(Late) Weekend Update

Woke up too late to workout before opening Saturday morning and realized again how boring it was to work fitness shifts at the CRC while sober. Got back and we hooked the Cube up to the living room TV and devoted a good chunk of the day to X-Men Legends. Ian seemed to do pretty well for a newbie, only occasionally jumping off cliffs chasing after enemies with Wolverine. A miracle happened at about 2030 when I received a phone call from Mike. Evidentially he got bored from working all day in lab and wanted to go do something fun for once. The kid normally spends like an average of 10 hours a day in lab or studying, even on Friday nights and weekends, which is insane, but then again, he still has Hope. We went to see Wedding Crashers, which was pretty damned funny.

Woke up on time on Sunday and spent about two and a half hours in the gym. Felix, one of the supervisors, thought I was fucking insane for working out when no one else was there, but I rationalized it with the fact that I avoid all the annoying people who drop fucking weights and gab on cell phones by coming early. Came back home and Ian wanted to play more X-Men Legends, which took another couple of hours. Around 2200 I finally get around to reformatting my computer, which was supposed to be done weeks ago. I wish I had started earlier. The reformatting took about an hour. Putting all of my shit back on the computer took me until 0400 the next morning. Sure, I got about an hour of sleep, but I did free up 20 GB. I recall a year or two ago being able to go about three days without sleep, but I think I'm getting too old for all-nighters now.
”Hello, God...this is Peter Parker. Can I ask a favor I know I've been your personal cat toy for the last few years...but can we not do that to me again for a while? Say...fifty or sixty years? I mean, that's not long in your terms, right? Just kidding, God...just kidding. But I'll bet you knew that, didn't you?”
Comic of the Moment: Amazing Spider-Man issue 437 by J. Michael Straczynski and John Romita Jr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter