Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Wonder Drug

A couple weeks back I was working fitness on a Monday morning. These four guys have been working out in the mornings for years, the majority of their workouts spent on the benchpress with weights exceeding 300 lb. I remember asking them on this particular morning on if they take any of those protein supplements that seem to be all the rage these last couple years. The old Marine of the group simply replied, "Ibuprofen."

It just blows my mind on how useful C13H18O2 is. Army doctors will prescribe it for just about anything. You could have the flu and they'll write you up a prescription for 400 mg of ibuprofen. I remember the wrestling team handing the shit out like it was crack-cocaine when I was in high school. In fact, I just took some since I seemed to have pulled a muscle in my neck this morning during my workout. Now I'm ready for some more pain.
"...DRINK UP
SHOOT IN
LET THE BEATINGS BEGIN
DISTRIBUTOR OF PAIN
YOUR LOSS BECOMES MY GAIN..."
Song of the Moment: "Harvester of Sorrow" by Metallica

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter