Monday, June 20, 2005

A quick aside...

Curiosity often gets the better of me (shut up Jack). For months, I've been seeing this "Pom" juice being sold and advertised, and I've ben curious. Whats it like? Why is it healthy? Why the fuck do the charge $4 for a goddamn 8 ounze bottle? I decided to find out.

I paid the four dollars, opened the thing up, and...well, it wasn't bad. However, if you take grape juice and lemon to it, you'd get the same taste, I think. It tasted like grape juice that was sour. $4 dollar Pom vs. $.89 Welch's + $.15 lemon. Hmm...

Lesson?

Daniel likes to waste money on things most reasonable people know to be bullshit.

Its not exactly a revelation, I know.

Daniel

5 Comments:

At Mon Jun 20, 12:18:00 PM EDT, Blogger Dave/Scott said...

Kind of like all of the energy drinks and such?

 
At Mon Jun 20, 02:21:00 PM EDT, Blogger Dave/Scott said...

Yeah, I guess regular water isn't good enough for people these days. The great thing about water is that it's essential and it has no calories. Doesn't adding flavoring add to calories and essentially make it an artificially flavored fruit drink?

 
At Mon Jun 20, 07:39:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pom is made from pomegranate, full of anti-oxidants and all that other shit... the fruit happens to be one of the things that they're gonna try and crop substitute with in afghanistan.

 
At Mon Jun 20, 10:31:00 PM EDT, Blogger Danger said...

I appreciate the previous posters comment. I was aware of the pomegranate and anti-oxidends, but the Afghanistan bit I find particularly interesting. I bet they're doing it to drive California's economy under pressure (as thats where I believe Pom is made) with cheap Afghani pomegranate juice. Damn republicans, they thought of everything.

 
At Mon Jun 20, 11:04:00 PM EDT, Blogger Dave/Scott said...

I still love it how you worked (shut up Jack) into the post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter