Sunday, June 19, 2005

The Impending Death of the English Language

I know I'm not the greatest writer in the world when it comes to grammar and spelling. In fact, there's someone at Tech that believes I'm a blithering idiot in that regard. But still, whenever I read something like the following random exerpt, I get nausiously violent:
daym itz ben a grip sence i wrote in dis i gess im starting fresh haha thx jen for convinceing me :) haha well this year is the last year till i graduate :S im kina nerves of gettin out on my own but i dink itz goin to be all good yah every one is growing up so fast itz crazy well im out peace
Sure, I can (somewhat) understand it, but that doesn't change the fact that it was poorly written. I used to hate English classes throughout my pre-college career, but after reading posts like the one used as an example above, I've been slowly giving my English teachers of old a bit more respect.
"Since when did a good education and an extensive vocabulary become handicaps?"
Comic of the Moment: New X-Men Vol. 6: Planet X by Grant Morrison and Phil Jimenez

1 Comments:

At Mon Jun 20, 05:18:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dave/Scott said...

Ha! A lot of people type poorly on AIM too. Ever notice that punctuation and capitalization are after-thoughts on AIM? Your typing speed may increase though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter