Thursday, June 30, 2005

Uncommon Sense

I'm starting to believe that what I believe to be "common sense" isn't so "common" amongst the world's population anymore. Take this morning when I was walking out the back entrance of the apartment to go to work. I got to the bottom floor and opened the door like I usually do, only to notice that the door doesn't open all the way and I hear a loud noise outside. Turns out some idiot was talking on his cell phone right in front of the door and I had knocked him on his arse, well, not really, since it appears that he had his back to the door due to how he was positioned when I saw him on the ground. You would think people would stand to the side instead to avoid something as obvious as that from happening. Instead I get this look of utter hatred and some pompous talk for giving this idiot a life-lesson about not lounging around busy doorways.

Take other examples such as people in stores with glass display cabinets. Didn't the mothers of idiotic shoppers tell them not to put their fingers on the glass? I swear, maybe if they worked in a place where you had to clean glass constantly they wouldn't do that. Elevators and buses are another thing. The general rule of thumb is to let people off first, then enter. This makes perfect sense, it keeps the bus or elevator from getting overcrowded to the point where it makes it increasingly difficult to exit. Despite this being easy to see, you always have an impatient idiot that tries to board first without paying heed to people exiting.

I probably could go on to list more but "common sense" tells me I should be doing something more productive with my time than posting on a weblog. Wait a second, there is no such thing as common sense. At least not with today's society. Humanity is slowly but surely going to hell. I hope you all burn. I really do.
"Hey, asshole, why'd you have to open the door so hard?"

"Didn't your mother teach you that standing right in front of doors could be hazardous to your health? Now get out of the way so that I can actually open the door and leave."
Song of the Moment: "Lasiurus" by Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard

2 Comments:

At Thu Jun 30, 06:47:00 PM EDT, Blogger BZTV said...

As Dennis Miller likes to say, "Now I don't want to go off on a rant..."

Keep it up!

 
At Thu Jun 30, 07:07:00 PM EDT, Blogger Dave/Scott said...

Exactly! Why bitch during a conversation with someone else when you can let it all out in text and let people choose for themselves whether or not they want to bother reading it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter