Saturday, June 25, 2005

Paranoid Opioid

It seems like that everything that could've went wrong in the last couple days went wrong. I was denied the grant by GT (mostly my fault most likely though, having turned in the application last minute). On Wednesday I pulled a muscle in my neck while benching, two days before Corrosion of Conformity's concert at the Masquerade. Going to a metal concert with a screwed up neck wouldn't be the brightest of ideas. Friday morning I read some news on Blabbermouth detailing about a multiple stabbing at CoC's concert the night before in Florida. It seemed that all signs were telling me to skip the damned thing.

After my nap in the afternoon I found that my neck seemed miraculously better. I made sure to dress appropiately. Band shirt, check. Unbuttoned crappy overshirt, check. Jeans, check. Old boots for kicking meat-heads, check. Combat knife, well, I left that at home. Didn't want to risk losing it to potential metal detector checks. I walked in and found the stage, and much to my confusion, there was some poppy rock/emo band playing. I looked around and saw a whole bunch Abercrombie and Fitch crackers and began to dispair. Luckily the bartender chick let me know that there was another stage upstairs.

The CoC show was pretty damned good. I got smacked in the back of the head by a bunch of meat-head moshers, so I joined in for about 45 minutes, sending my fair share of them on their asses. Of course I helped them back up, it is mosh-pit custom after all. Great way to get rid of pent up aggression while not getting charged for assault. Anyway, here was the set list:
"It is That Way"
"Paranoid Opioid"
Pepper Keenan"Diablo Blvd."
"Shake Like You"
"Long Whip/Big America"
"Albatross"
"Infinite War"
"Wiseblood"
"Hungry Child"
"Stonebreaker"
"The Door"
"Rise River Rise"
"Vote with a Bullet"
"In the Arms of God"
--------------------
"13 Angels"
"Clean My Wounds"
I knew all but one song, which was good. It's retarded when people go to concerts and can't sing anything but choruses. I still have to say that Metallica was a better live experience, but I really enjoyed the sweaty rawness of a club show. One last note, one of the openers that I missed had the band name Alabama Thunderpussy. Fucking hilarious if you ask me.
"...SO WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO BE
I’M THE SAME OLD BEAST YOU HATE TO SEE
JUST LIKE THE HEAVENS WHEN THE LIGHT RECEDES
I’M FOREVER BLACK WITHOUT A NEED
AND THERE’S NOTHING LEFT AND NOTHING MORE
CAUSE YOU LOST THE BATTLE AND THE WAR..."
Song of the Moment: "It is That Way" by Corrosion of Conformity

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter