Thursday, June 23, 2005

Topical Blend

WARNING! The contents of this post contain things that do not at all go together in any way shape or form. Combined with poor writting flow, reading this post may result in unwanted side effects such as the reduction of the reader's intelligence.

Work this summer is turning out to be somewhat interesting. My two jobs are distinctly different, especially with coworkers. While working at the gym I interact with a staff that is comprised more or less with crackers caucasians. Sure, some of the supervisors are black, but everyone acts in a way that reminds of people that shop at American Eagle Outfitters. Most of my coworkers at the Post Office, on the other hand, are black, and act it. Half the time I don't know what they're talking about, but oddly enough I don't find this annoying, in fact I find it a humorous environment to work in.

Ok, it looks like I'm not getting a grant to go on that CSIS trip, but I think I'm still going. It's basically a near free trip for me, supposing Daniel is still willing to house me at his place. I'm just kind of miffed that I won't be making money off of the school.

I found out about a week ago after seeing Batman Begins that one of the new roommates, Ian, is a comic fan of old. We've already made a couple comic runs to the shop near Buckhead and up the geekiness factor by discussing obscure Marvel lore that would make a normal cringe violently, and then fall into a fetal position and bash his brains out through a massive epileptic seizure. Regardless, it is kind of fun having someone that I can discuss with how bad the Marvel vs. DC crossover event was.

I really need to stop having vodkas and orange in the mornings.
"Vodka and Orange? It's 10 am, Tony."

"Not in Moscow, old boy. Cheers, by the way."
Comic of the Moment: The Ultimates Vol. 1: Super-Human by Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter