Thursday, October 13, 2005

God-Complex + Civilization = BAD

God-ComplexBathrobe, check. Saturday, check. Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete, check. Feinted at the beginning with seemingly peaceful intentions, focusing on expansionist strategy to stunt the growth of my neighbors. The long-term effects of this stratagem brought me startling scientific and economic growth, allowing me to enter the Middle Ages around 50 BC, the Industrial Age around 500 AD, and the Modern Age around 1100 AD.

After observing over the course of thousands years that my fellow civilizations continued in small petty squabbles over trivialities, I realized that action needed to be taken for they were getting in the way of progress. I began pushing back each civilization individually back with military might (think of tanks clashing with ancient legions) until the civilization was left one city. After some thought I actually likened this to the United States forcing Native Americans into reservations, minus the small-pox infected blankets. The plan was to scale back each civilization to the point of one city, and after this objective was completed, I would dispense all of my civilization’s technological ideas upon each of the surviving cities, aiding my formerly squabbling neighbors in modernization at a rapid rate. France, somehow the far second most powerful civilization, challenged me, taunting to give them tribute lest they destroy me. Unfortunately for them, I had ICBMs in the 1500s, and after they had declared war, I nuked Paris. Every civilization declares war on me after the bombing. I see that though the Parisian population was devastated by the nuclear bombing, there were survivors, so I bombarded the city four more times with ICBMs. At this point every civilization was asking for peace with no extra terms from my side. In the 1700s I looked at the world and believed it FUBAR, launching my civilization to the Alpha Centaury system in hopes of making a better world there.
m s dont panic: you wont rest until you're God
m s dont panic: which is a little frightening
Dantes Entreri: LOL
Game of the Moment: Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete

1 Comments:

At Thu Oct 13, 10:49:00 PM EDT, Blogger Dave/Scott said...

Is it really wrong to want to build a better world? **falls out of chair and laughs maniacally**

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter