Monday, October 03, 2005

A Legend Returns, the Search for Serenity, and Other Non-Related Madness

SerenityI made the mistake of purchasing X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse the week before four tests. Oddly enough, my roommates played the more than I did with Matt even beating it last week. I made up for lost time this weekend, playing the game in my bathrobe, only leaving the living room chair to shower (yes, sleep and food were optional). The bastards at Raven Software took a Diablo II approach with this sequel, making it annoyingly addicting and re-playable.

Saw Serenity this weekend and was very satisfied with how it turned out. Joss Whedon’s pacing with the movie was perfect; the situation growing so tense at the climax where you seriously doubted anyone was making it out alive. Definitely a better Sci-Fi movie than Episode III, that’s for sure.

On Sunday Matt was begging me to invite people over for dinner. He wasn’t in the mood for his gay friends, so he was asking me to invite straight people over to our apartment. I managed to lure Jessie and her roommates over for a torturous affair of listening to Matt run his mouth as we ate fake Chinese. He was behaving pretty well. It only took him two hours to scare them off.

I came to work today with the knee brace on. The coworkers thought my knee was hurt running from angry boyfriends of girls I hang out with (on occasion). I’m not a bird-dogger, damn you.
♪…TAKE MY LOVE
TAKE MY LAND
TAKE ME WHERE I CANNOT STAND
I DON’T CARE
I’M STILL FREE
YOU CAN’T TAKE THE SKY FROM ME…♪
Movie of the Moment: Serenity

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter