Thursday, June 09, 2005

Post Crash

Got the bill for the car yesterday, which was $1,921.72. This also covers the replacement of my headlight lamp assembly, the replacement of one of my rear lights (which was out before the accident), and my melted wheel covers. Called the dealer about it and they refused to help pay due to the fact that I've had the car for a little over a month now. Picked up the car today and was duly surprised on how well it runs now that the brakes aren't constantly on. This is what the labor description said:
Found front brake calipers were dragging causing excessive heat, boiling brake fluid and ruining front wheel bearings. Replaced front calipers with pads, front rotors and wheel bearings - performance tested vehicle, braking fine at this time.

Found master cylinder damaged from boiling brake fluid. Replaced brake master cylinder. Cleaned and adjusted rear brakes.
I'm a little pissed off that I didn't take steam rising from my front wheels as a sign of a problem before I got back on the road. Can't afford a new (used) car, so there was no choice but to repair Luckily I had enough foresight to save money for times like these since I don't have the car insured (basic liability), but still, this was a rather hard hit to the bank, regardless. I'll probably cut out alcohol or something to help the replenishment of the savings account.
"I'VE COME SO CLOSE, IT'S ALMOST HARD TO BELIEVE
WHEN YOU'RE UP CLOSE, IT BLINDS YOU BRILLIANTLY
JUST ONE RUSH CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOREVER
JUST ONE PUSH CAN END IT ALL TOGETHER..."
Song of the Moment: "Learn from this Mistake" by Down

2 Comments:

At Thu Jun 09, 09:46:00 PM EDT, Blogger Danger said...

Ouch. Heres hoping the trip down to D.C. for that conference might still work for ya man. My place is still up for grabs if ya need a cheap (read free) place to crash. I'll even tell the family of illegal immigrants I keep in the living room to find a bridge to sleep under for a few days.

 
At Fri Jun 10, 09:03:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dave/Scott said...

**blinks** I honestly thought you had a family of immigrants living in your pad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter