Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Empowering Students

In somewhat of a climatic moment in my LCC class today our teacher was challenging us to challenge [humorous isn't it] what we are told to read in our classes. She's asked "why did you read what you read?" and we all answered because we were told to. She said that we need to question our teachers, school principals, school boards and even national governments about why we read what we read. And in this very dramatic build of keep questioning until you get answers, the girl behind me says very quietly, "I'd rather do something else with my time."

It was great. The teacher redeemed the whole lecture by saying that she hates Dickinson so she never teaches her. We asked why and she said "the dashes drive me crazy, it's so annoying". At least she's honest.

1 Comments:

At Wed Mar 15, 06:30:00 AM EST, Blogger Dave/Scott said...

Was this the Marxist woman you were talking about?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter