Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Summer Resolutions

Why must we always wait for New Years to make empty promises that will shortly be broken? I've decided to make a few resolutions to myself for the summer that I'm sure won't happen, but they would hold the ideal summer routine for me. Here's a look into my required activities as the summer progresses.

I plan to read more. I found a good stash of Dad's books this week and am going to slowly tackle them as the summer goes on.

Currently Reading: Buffet, Jimmy. Where Is Joe Merchant. Orlando, Florida: Harcourt Brace Javanovich, Publishers. 1992.

It's a good book about planes, fishing, women, and adventure. It's just some light reading to make the summer nights pass. At the end of the night I also want to drink a glass of wine. David maybe killing glasses of 151 but I think I'll go with a fine Merlot or a Cabernet Sauvignon. Speaking of, I've always called you David. Do you prefer Dave, David, or Scott? Just curious.

The final goal is to go fishing twice a week this summer. I want to spend a lot of time on the lake, learning what fish like and getting some intense sun. A tanned look would go well with the weathered hands that work has given me. I love to fish, it's very zen-like. Hopefully these goals won't fall short.

Here's to a plentiful summer. May the fish flow like the wine.

P.S.- All the HTML work is for you David.

1 Comments:

At Wed Jun 15, 08:15:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dave/Scott said...

"...WASTING AWAY AGAIN IN MARGARITAVILLE..."

The only tags I ever type in are blockquote and del. Flickr does all the image shit for me (I tweak it minorly).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter